Sunday, April 21, 2013

The PERFECT Saturday!

Yesterday was the kind of Saturday all Saturday's should be.  Sunny, low 70's, just gorgeous.  (A little windy, but I'll let that slide.)  K and I were up and out of the house at a decent hour and knocked out our to-do list by early afternoon, just in time to go to granddaughter Blakely's 1st birthday party:





With mom, dad, and brother Parker.


Umm....my plate's on fire!


Hey, this birthday thing is fun!  We need to do it more often.

After da party we went to the Frisco StrEATS Food Truck and Music Festival.  I love watching that show on the cooking channel that features all the food trucks and never miss an opportunity to visit one when I can find it.  Yesterday they had about 20 for us to choose from parked nose to tail....




After walking around and seeing what our choices were we decided on ssaham BBQ.  I had gourmet Korean chicken tacos (chicken, sesame soy vinaigrette salad, caramelized kimchee, cilantro and onion, Korean salsa roja, and spicy mayo) and some kimchee fries.  Oh man, were they good!

Later back home we watched the taped game of our adopted English rugby team, the Northampton Saints.  A win would put us in the semifinals of the Premiership championship and we did it, winning convincingly 47-7 over Sale.  


And no, we didn't have to tell everyone we met yesterday to NOT tell us the final score of the game.  There was no need for a "spoiler alert" as we were probably the only 2 people in North Texas who ever even heard of the Northampton Saints.  I guess that makes us "unique"?  No?  OK then, "weird". ;)

Hope you enjoy your Sunday.

S


4 comments:

  1. It's hard to believe that a year has passed since Blakely was born. It seems like yesterday. I'm sure you feel the same way. Happy Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could a Saturday get any better? I doubt it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, you had me until "rugby." Blakely looks adorable - and how cute are those two bottom teeth peeking out of her mouth in the first picture!

    The Korean chicken tacos made my mouth water. Good thing we have a Buffalo chicken pizza ordered! I have yet to go to a food truck rally or festival. Your pictures made me decide to put it on the list.

    (Not that "being on a list" assures "getting done.")

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cutie! I always want to dive into the cake with the kids at these parties :)

    Hmm - based on the picture up there maybe I should start following rugby too. Mmmm...

    ReplyDelete