Sunday, October 14, 2012

"The bigger they come, the harder they fall"

Texas Tech destroys No. 4 West Virginia in huge upset


Tech fans storm the field after hearing free celebratory beer was being served in the end zone under the "Double T" logo.

Did you ever have one of those days where everything went right?  Me either.  But yesterday my Alma mater Texas Tech did when they absolutely annihilated #4 ranked West Virginia, 49-14.  I wish we could have put a few of those points into a Karma account for use against Texas a few weeks from now.

Looks like attending the State Fair isn't going to happen for me this year.  But frankly, other than having an Original Fletcher's Corny Dog and staring at the latest in piercings and tattoo chic up close and personal, there really isn't all that much there for me.  True, I'll miss seeing all the newest pickup trucks on display, as well as the multiple stages set up for performers to entertain us with both kinds of music....country AND western.*  Oh well, there's always next year.

Last night a storm came through (so I'm told....I slept through it) and dropped about an inch of rain on us.  Today the sky is cloudless and blue, the air smells so clean, and the temp is in the 70's.  I'm thinking Luke the Wonder Dog can come with us for our Sunday coffee as we'll be able to sit outside and enjoy this perfect Autumn weather.

Hope you have a fun day planned, too.

S

*sarcasm


5 comments:

  1. I have family in West Virginia - they were NOT happy with the outcome of that game. I don't know why there isn't some sort of banking system where you can save points to use later...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't let Luke have any coffee; he's wired enough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could use a few points from that Karma account at this point!

    Enjoy your Sunday - ours was the usual morning walk/take some pictures/feed the swans/get some groceries.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't watch much football but I'm still in shock the Tigers beat the Yankees twice at Yankee Stadium, especially with their "closer"'s meltdown in the 9th. Shock the world!

    ReplyDelete