Sunday, October 21, 2012

Winding down the weekend...WITH UPDATE

I'm all "footballed out".  Yesterday I watched (most of) 3 college games.  It was nirvana!  My Texas Tech Red Raiders beat TCU in triple overtime, 56-53.  It was a "W", but it was a very ugly "W".  *holding nose*

Today I'm going with K and a friend of hers to "Commie Con".  I'm not into the National Felon League (NFL) pro football, so I figured why not go to this Commie thing.  Otherwise I've got nothing going on today.  Maybe I can get some interesting pictures of old statues of Lenin or something.

We're still on the cusp of summer here.  Yesterday it was absolutely perfect....a bit breezy, but temps were in the 70's.  Today it's expected to touch 90.  Enough already!

While walking the dog yesterday I did notice an oak tree dropping its acorns.  Check the size of these things:



Yikes!  I'm thinking this must be the site where Lance Armstrong cleaned out his steroid mixing bowl.

Enjoy your Sunday.

S

UPDATE:  Turns out it wasn't "Commie Con", but "Comic Con".  And not comics like Seinfeld or Leno, but comic books and science fiction movie characters and paraphernalia.  It was...ummm...interesting.  :0

5 comments:

  1. That acorn looks like a squirrel's wet dream! Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a big acorn! Now we know that it's true, everything IS bigger in Texas.

    Commie Con???

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about summer. Somebody get the hook.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Sir that is one big acorn, the squirrels will be bringing in their little forklifts to haul those away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was VERY surprised that a) Texas would have a Commie Con and b) that you would go. Now the weather & the acorn? Not surprising at all :)

    ReplyDelete