Saturday, October 6, 2012

To go or not to go? That is the question.


No, I'm not talking about bathroom habits.  I'm talking about the monthly Cars and Coffee event, which is this morning.  It's 51 degrees, windy, and there's a 40% chance of rain.  I doubt too many rich dudes will be taking their gorgeous, expensive, sometimes rare exotic cars out of their temperature / humidity controlled garages just so a bunch of unwashed slugs such as myself can stare at them and drool.  

But what if I'm wrong?  What if someone brings their Pagani or Koenigsegg or Brutus Maxximus and I miss seeing it?  I'll never forgive myself!  (Too dramatic?)

OK....here's what I've probably, perhaps decided:  I'm gonna forgo Cars and Coffee and just hang around mi casa until time for my grandson's kiddie soccer game.  Then K and I are going to the Cottonwood Arts Festival, which is one of the very best around.  Can't miss that!  Then on to REI as they've pressed my hot button by enticing me in with a 20% off coupon.  (Their marketing guy is evil, EVIL!)

After that it's on to Market Street for K to buy her baking stuff (some kind of cookie bake-off at work next week), and me to get my weekend football food.

All of this has to be carefully coordinated so that I can be back home in front of the TV by 2:30 in order to see Texas Tech play Oklahoma.  It might be a good game, or it might be a blowout.  Who knows.  But I'm gonna watch it, whichever.

If I see anything cool to photograph I'll do that and share with you later.  If not....it's been nice visiting with you this morning.  ;)

S



9 comments:

  1. I miss your car show pictures. We have those shows here too, but I don't go because you take pictures anyway...now what?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even without the car show it sounds like a fun packed day for you and K. Have a good time and I hope your team wins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I say your team I meant your grandson's soccer team! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 51º...I'm jealous!

    Are you secretly employed by REI as a marketing guy? If so, you deserve a raise. After all the times you mentioned them, I'm now on their website and looking at stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Peeper....nope, not on their payroll, but it would be a fun job.

    Steve....we ran out of time. :(

    Joe....I'll recycle some car photos for you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds like a good day - hope you got everything done. Sorry about the game - as you know, MY team totally sucked last night. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You people in Texas are so hilarious complaining about a low of 50 degrees. That was our HIGH today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, PT, I'm not complaining. I LOVE this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you have a good plan, I'd go for the kiddie soccer game instead of the car show in this situation for sure.

    ReplyDelete