Friday, May 20, 2011

And the winner is.......?

....My mother-in-law.  Yesterday she won $5,000 on a lottery scratch-off.  'Course, I wonder how much she spent over time to win that $5K?


They live in a suburb of Foat Wuth, and we go to visit them half a dozen or so times a year.  (K calls them every day.)  We usually make the journey on a Saturday or Sunday, so I'll just wear my normal weekend attire:  shorts or jeans depending on the season and a t-shirt or polo shirt.  Coincidentally I wore the same shirt/pant combination 3 or 4 trips in a row, which prompted my MIL to ask K if we were poor, as I had only one set of clothes.  Haha!


Now with 5G's burning a hole in her housecoat maybe she'll remember that and buy me a couple of new t-shirts.  :)


S

3 comments:

  1. I'll bet'cha she buys 20K worth of scratch off tickets in her lifetime...I would stop right there at 5 and hope like hell I broke even...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe she'll roll it over into $5K worth of Powerball tickets :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. $5,000 - wow, that would buy a nice camera and a really nice lens or two. Is she looking to adopt, by chance?

    At any rate, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete