Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Just scattershooting....

As I write this I can still hear the rumbling thunder of the last few remaining storms as they move on off to the east. I tried to get home before the afternoon storms arrived, but they caught up with me as I was only half-way home. It came an absolute deluge, but there wasn't any hail, so no harm was done.

K called me this morning more excited than I've seen/heard her in ages. She said she is moving to another department beginning Monday, with new duties, and with nearly 20% more coins in her paycheck. I'm very proud of her. She has gone from a shy little wallflower at work to a trusted leader and accomplished public speaker. Obviously the suits in the Ivory Tower noticed. Smart folks, they are.

Tomorrow I'm taking my daughter Andrea to lunch to celebrate her b-day....32. She's still at one of those ages that women don't mind admitting to. And also tomorrow my oldest daughter Kristan (in San Antonio) celebrates her birthday, too. Hmmmmm....August must have been a BIG month for me. *wink*

The first two In-N-Out Burger restaurants opened today in the Dallas area, one just a couple of miles from us. There were traffic jams around the stores and live coverage on all the local media all day. It was crazy! Is it really that good or was it just a slow news day? I'll give it a try once the crowds thin some.

That's all folks....see you tomorrow.

S

1 comment: