Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Priorities?

Heard on the radio as I drove to work this morning: The Dallas city manager is briefing the city council on the expected budget shortfall and her recommendations for addressing it. Both mayoral candidates say tough decisions must be made, but they believe CORE SERVICES such as public safety are not the places to cut.

Then I heard about the space shuttle Endeavor docking today with the International Space Station to deliver a $2,000,000,000.00 magnetic thingamajig that will be able to do research on the origins of our universe.

Seems to me the City of Dallas knows how to prioritize while the bureaucrats in Washington don't. Universe research is fine, but not IMO while we have CORE SERVICES going begging.

The obvious difference between Dallas and Washington? Washington can say "yes" to everything and just print more money; Dallas can't.

S


Please note:  I now have another blog which you can read here.  Please come visit me there, too.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry, I'd cut things like a futile war in Afghanistan and a stupid presence in Iraq which costs around 10 billion a month.

    ReplyDelete