Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Our weather could get ugly....and more car pics, too

You've heard it said that animals can sense something bad coming, such as an earthquake?  My dog Emma Belle does NOT like to go outside and "do her business" in the rain.  She just refuses, period.  This afternoon when I came home from work I took her out as usual and she...er...well, let's just say her "business" was impressive, if you know what I mean.  The weatherguessers are again predicting an atmospheric "perfect storm" is brewing for us here, and based on Emma's "now or never" bathroom behavior, I think they might be right. Emma Belle, Weather Dog  *has a nice ring to it*

And now for something more pleasant....here are some more cool/unique cars I saw last weekend at the British and European Car Day in Dallas: 



A couple of nice Alfa Romeo's ^


A well-worn Saab rally car  ^


A TVR (British)  ^


A Morgan (also British) ^


A Volvo P1800 (I almost bought one of these many years ago) ^


A "Bug-eye" Sprite (see where it gets its name?) 



A Lancia Beta (Italian) ^

(You can click on any picture to enlarge it)

Hope you're safe tonight, wherever you are.

S

EDIT:  Plano was spared the big storms last night.  Most went south of us, and some went north, but here we just got a little rain.  

2 comments:

  1. I'll take the little Bug Eye please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you'd look right smart in that, Joan. I'll see what I can do. :)

    S

    ReplyDelete