Monday, May 23, 2011

Hey, buddy....can you spare $24 million ?

I've got my eye on this cute little bungalow in Highland Park, a tiny burb just north of downtown Dallas that I think I could make do with.  My new digs would have 10,500 square feet, plus another 1,045 square foot cabana complete with a basketball sport-court on the lot next door that comes with it.  Three stories....five bedrooms....six baths....three fireplaces, and a four-car garage.  Oh, and did I mention it has an "I-love-me" room? 


Actually it would be an "I-love-the-previous-owner" room.  That would be Dallas Cowboy QB (RET) Troy Aikman.  (I'm afraid my chintzy little "Top Gun" trophy I won from the Citizens Police Academy back in '01 might be juuuuust a bit lost in there.)


It seems Troy and his Mrs. are splittin' the sheets after 10 years of until-now blissful matrimony.  I'm guessing Troy won't need that much space and will probably just move back in with his folks until he decides what he's going to do with the rest of his life.  Trade school, perhaps?


Think he'd throw in an autographed NFL football to keep my Top Gun trophy company?  It IS a buyers market, you know.


S

1 comment:

  1. It is very interesting to hang out with folks who live like that. You know, you have to call each other on the cell phone to find someone in the house.

    Damn!

    Try losing a set of keys in that place. Not pretty.

    ReplyDelete