Saturday, May 28, 2011

NOT a good start.....

Last night's baseball game recap:  It was hot and HUMID!  We lost 7 to 4, which left me disappointed about as long as I could say "We lost 7 to 4."  I had my hot dog, my nachos with jalapenos, and a beer, so all was not lost.  Then it came time for the fireworks, and after a flurry of bottle rockets were launched they turned the lights back on and said, "Thanks, y'all drive carefully going home."  


Huh?  That's it?  Did they blow up all their fireworks last week and those were the only things left at the bottom of the box? 


Oh well, at least I slept like a baby last night.  Which made getting up early this morning even more difficult.  At 0700 the dog finally said, "Look people, I gotta go.  NOW!"  (Yes, she can talk.)  So much for sleeping in.  Now we're hustling to make it to my grand-kiddlet's birthday party.  Who schedules a birthday party on Saturday MORNING?  


Ugh.  I need caffeine.


S

3 comments:

  1. here's where I spent the last 3 days. You would have LOVED it more then a ball game I betcha!

    http://www.dorrie.de/reports/Travels/Schwerin/2011Schwerin.htm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who schedules a birthday party on Saturday MORNING?

    Nearly every friend my little girl has it seems like. I didn't know Chuckie Cheese, a place I hate with a passion, opened up so early.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dorrie...WOW! What a field trip. :)

    Bum...Chuckie Cheese scares me. I'm pretty sure it defines evil.

    S

    ReplyDelete