Sunday, May 8, 2011

Car show and more, w/ photos

Saturday morning I met my friend Neil at our monthly Cars and Coffee event. The organizers said attendance exceeded last month's 936 cars, so I was not disappointed. When I first got there I saw this late 50's Metropolitan, a little English-built tin can of a car. It had significance to me only because this is what I learned to drive in:


I'm usually not a big BMW fan, but several, including this immaculate 3.0 CSi caught my eye:


This mid 50's (?) Ford Skyliner with a retractable hardtop (fairly common today, but in a class by itself back then) was an interesting old dinosaur in attendance:


This 30's BMW roadster (I don't know why I was all of a sudden smitten with BMW's) was also a standout:


The oddest car there had to be this old junker 50's VeeDub Beetle:


See that barrel thing hanging out the driver's side window? That appeared to be some kind of venturi that would compress air, cool it, and blow it into the passenger compartment. Crude, but I guess it beat the usual 55/2 air conditioning of the day. (That would be '55' mph, '2' windows down.)

This 50's vintage Ferrari 375 was my personal favorite for the day. WOW!


After the car show I picked up K and we went to a local art fest. I'll share photos of that some other time.


We finished the day in our neighborhood listening to a really good local group as they played on the street. It was quite a day. :)

S

4 comments:

  1. Got to love that VW Beetle, everybody who I ever knew who had one swore by those things. Believe it or not I'm that way about old AMC Gremlins. Had one passed down to me by my granddad when he retired and I still say it was one of my best cars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lot of useful points are there. Its really keeps me updated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, this was a really nice post. Spending some time and
    actual effort to generate a really good article… but what
    can I say… I procrastinate a lot and don't seem to get anything done.

    Here is my blog - best cash advance sites

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this place provide any kind of car accessories to get at affordable price.

    Jeep Replacement Fans & Nissan Replacement Condensers

    ReplyDelete