Sunday, May 22, 2011

It doesn't get any better than today

Fun, fun! I had it in abundance today.  Things started as usual for a Sunday....church....Starbucks and the newspaper....but then we headed off to the British and European Car Day at White Rock Lake.  Where to start?


How about a line of old and new Mini's a block long


This was my favorite of the Mini's on display


The same with Triumph's....a block of these ^ 


and these ^


A very nice MG TF (?)

Then we get to the aristocracy....


Austin Healey's....yes, it's leaking....they do that


And luscious Jaguar's, too


The strangest car there had to be this post-war Citroen 2CV, a contemporary of the original VW Beetle


If K had had her checkbook with her this could have been a very expensive day.  I think she would have written the guy a check on the spot for this new Fiat 500 convertible ^

I managed to hustle her out of there before she did, so instead we dropped a few bucks at The Blue Goose on a couple of margaritas and some chips and salsa.  Now we're back at su casa, where K is fixin' us some lobster tail for dinner that Central Market had on sale yesterday.  Mmmmmm!

We'll shortly wind down the day by watching When in Rome for movie night. Told you it was a fun day.  :)

Hope y'all had a good day, too.

S


7 comments:

  1. Sounds like a perfect day.

    BG reminded me to tell you that in a few days I've booked a ride on Fifi, the last flying B-29.

    Since my 'book' on my South American cruise on my blog is at a stopping place, I'll likely post an account of same when it is done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang. Those are some nice wheels. I'd love to have an original Mini.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that sounds like an absolutely wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fin...you'll enjoy flying on Fifi. Pictures, please.

    Doug...that red one was a great looking car. Wish it was mine.

    A...It was. I wish every Saturday could be like that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man I got stuck at the Tr-6 lineup. My neighbor has one fully restored and he lets me drive it every now and again...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, don't knock the Citroen - I know people who owned these! They were such basic, inexpensive vehicles in the 70's that many, many students in Germany owned one. Because of the way they looked, they were nicknamed "ducks." You could fit five people into a vehicle like that, seven if you really tried.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hear you PP. I'd love to have one. They are just so eccentric, and that actually appeals to me. :)

    S

    ReplyDelete