Saturday, May 14, 2011

Kinda bummed.....


I decided yesterday that I would upgrade my cell phone to an iPhone, so this morning I was up and out and knocking on Verizon's door shortly after they opened. This was all prompted when my brother (and business partner) got an iPhone a week or so ago. So I asked a couple of questions about the data plan, etc, and said "Deal, wrap it up". Then the Verizon rep told me it would be $600.

*choke...cough...gag*

HOW MUCH?? What happened to $199? It seems that's good only if you're opening a new account or if you're an existing customer and are eligible for an upgrade. As I've had my current phone for 3 or 4 years, I was sure an upgrade was in order.

Ummm....no....it seems when my bro got his iPhone last week he used my upgrade. His upgrade won't be available until mid-July. (We have one of those blended business plans where we have all our phones on one account.)

Oh, bro will hear about this on Monday, I promise! Actually it might be a blessing in disguise, as it will give me time to mull over whether or not I really need an iPhone. I said need, not want. Still, I'm mildly disappointed. :(


S

Note: The model shown is NOT me. I'm not nearly that good looking. ;)

5 comments:

  1. Yikes! $600? That is quite a difference even for a current loyal customer. They do sound like fun, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm waiting for my contract schedule time to kick in so I can get an iphone. I had a blackberry but couldn't get used to it. Wheelie has an iphone and just loves it! So, waiting for October to come around.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. My youngest brother has done me the same way several times, it makes me furious but after a couple of months passes he shows up with some Landshark beer and I forget whatever the reason was I was mad at him.

    I need to get a cell phone myself but I just hate the idea of being so easily found. I have to deal with a pager for my work and that is bad enough.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol Beach Bum... there's such a thing as an "off" button!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I coulda had an iPhone a couple of years back when I got my Samsung. After an issue or two with it, I mentioned to a Bell clerk that maybe I should have got the iPhone. She said, "Nah, they're frying their SIM cards." I hope Apple got that fixed ;-)

    ReplyDelete