Sunday, May 15, 2011

Pinch me, this can't be real....

Today (Sunday) was about as perfect a day as I've ever seen. The temperature was in the 40's in the early morning, but didn't take long to shoot up into the low 70's. After online church we followed our usual Sunday routine...coffee and the newspaper at Starbucks...but then hit a wall as to what to do outside in the afternoon.

I did find an art fest (a small one) at a local retail/residential development (Watter's Crossing) not too far away in Allen, TX, so we gave it a shot. The best booth I saw was a woman selling funny little sayings along with her watercolor art. An example:

Other isms..."We will sell no wine before it's time. It's time."

"Men have feelings, too, but who cares."

While searching online for something to do, I ran across an announcement for the "All British & European Car Day" next Sunday. Guess where I'll be next Sunday? ;)

Which reminds me...I saw this beautifully restored little Triumph Spitfire in our neighborhood recently:



Now that's something maybe even I could afford. Or not.

It was "Espana" week at Central Market, so we bought a number of small things we plan on munching on tapas-style for dinner tonight. Sounds pretty good, huh?

That's all for our weekend. Hope y'all had a nice one, too.

S

5 comments:

  1. I'd be trashing those 5 MPH bumpers for a vintage set :-) In the mid 70s, a new Spitfire was $4,400 CND...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed, Doug. Still, I'd take it as is if a few $$$ fell in my lap, and he was sellin'. :)

    S

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was awesome on my end as well, didn't do too much though, I'm saving personal mad money for a trip to the beach next weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Geeezz Guy ... Aint that the truth on the weather deal(?) I mean, it's been drop dead gorgeous here on the Ranch (nickname I call the Metroplex) ... even today too as I write this I have the glass sliding door's open looking out on the patio right now, wearing nothing but my Cowboys training short's it's so beautiful!

    But thanx for the euro car exhibition notice on White Rock, because I hadnt knwon a damn thing about it, I would hope to try to attend, depending when I get back in town, usually late saturday night, early sunday ... but look's cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're welcome, Chimp. I'm looking forward to seeing some cool, unusual cars there. Maybe you too? :)

    S

    ReplyDelete