Monday, May 9, 2011

Cottonwood Art Festival w/ photos

Saturday after my car show (see previous post) I picked up K and we went to the Cottonwood Art Festival. It was a perfect day with temps in the 80's and a cloudless blue sky. There were over 200 vendors selling their photos, paintings, jewelry, ceramics, etc, and the large crowd seemed to be having fun:

Before we started seeing the sights we hit the food court:


I had shrimp kabob over a bed of seasoned rice, and K had fish tacos over rice. We shared each others and agreed it was the best "event food" we've had anywhere.

One vendor selling ceramic cats got my vote (but not my money) for 'most original sales pitch':


We wound up buying one small print of a Greek island house/patio overlooking the Mediterranean at sunrise...or is it sunset?. The table is set with a bowl of fruit (sunrise?) but there is also a bottle of wine (sunset?). Whatever, it looks very relaxing. Unfortunately it didn't photograph well hanging on our wall (glare), so you'll just have to make do with my verbal description.

To end our day we walked over to a new restaurant that just opened in our neighborhood called The Twisted Root. It's a burger joint, but it serves all kinds of exotic meat. Sounds weird, but it's really very good. There I saw this bumper sticker on a patio chair that cracked me up:


A stop on our walk home to listen to our sidewalk band (again see previous post), and that was our Saturday. All considered, it was a great day. I wish every Saturday could be like that.

S

2 comments:

  1. when I first say the title of your entry, I thought you wrote AIR festival! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shrimp kabobs and fish tacos - both sound good. Love the "fried cats" sign!

    ReplyDelete